18th International Robert Schumann Competition
Piano and Singing
June 4 to 14, 2020
- The Competition in both categories comprises two qualifications (June 5 to 11, 2020) and one final (June 12 to 13, 2020).
- All piano and song recitals shall be performed from memory.
- The personal registration for the Competition will take place on June 3, 2020, from 9:00 h to 20:00 h and on June 4, 2020, from 8:00 h to 14:00 h in the Competition
- The participants perform in alphabetical order. The opening letter will be drawn publicly at the opening ceremony in the Robert Schumann House on June 4, 2020, 16:00 h. The order of performance remains the same throughout the Competition.
- Rehearsal rooms with piano are available in the Robert Schumann Konservatorium from June 3, 2020, 9:00 h.
- The competition takes place in the Konzert- und Ballhaus “Neue Welt”, Leipziger Straße 182, 08058 Zwickau and in the concert hall of the Robert Schumann Konservatorium, Stiftstraße 10, 08056 Zwickau.
- Finalists in the category piano will be accompanied by Philharmonisches Orchester Plauen-Zwickau.
- The prize-winners will be announced in the foyer of the Konzert- und Ballhaus “Neue Welt” on the evening of June 13, 2020.
- The public rehearsal for the final concert of the Competition will take place on June 14, 2020, 10:00 h, in the Konzert- und Ballhaus “Neue Welt”. Prize winners are obligated to participate.
- The prizes and diplomas will be awarded on June 14, 2020, 16:00 h, in the Robert Schumann House.
- The final concert of the Competition starts at 19:00 h on June 14, 2020 in the Konzert- und Ballhaus “Neue Welt”.