The Concert Hall of the Robert Schumann House is the most eye-catching room in this internationally renowned commemorative and research institute. This room is regularly the venue for chamber concerts and public lectures/recitals. Besides numerous in-house chamber concerts per season, the hall is also rented out for events of all kinds. The spectrum encompasses ancient music, jazz and salon music. Non-musicals events also enjoy the special ambience. The International Robert Schumann Competitions for Piano and Voice, the Junior Schumann Competition for Young Pianists and the Robert Schumann Choral Competition, with their concerts and other events, are also guests in this hall. Traditionally, the Robert Schumann Prize of the City of Zwickau is presented here.
After much renovation, the hall now features underfloor heating, a new floor covering and movable seating for up to 140 guests. The inner courtyard, which adjoins the concert hall, has been fitted with a glass roof and may now be used during intermissions and as additional exhibition space. The courtyard may be reached from the concert hall via casement windows. Along with two modern concert grand pianos by Steinway & Sons (1991) and August Förster (1955) the historic keyboard instruments from the museum are also used in concert settings: Clara Wieck's debut grand piano by André Stein (circa 1825), a Bösendorfer grand piano (circa 1870), a Physharmonika (circa 1825) and a table piano by Rosenkranz (circa 1840).